Identity theft and fraud continue to be one of the fastest growing crimes and a top customer concern. We value our customers' trust and understand that protecting information is one of our most important responsibilities.
Fraud & Security—We Can Help You!
If you suspect fraud on your account, please contact us at 1-877-261-4750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember: We’ll never ask you for your online password, PIN number or social security number by an unsolicited phone call or email.
Security features with your IncredibleBank accounts:
Whether a business or personal account, ensure you are receiving all of the safeguard benefits we offer:
- Zero Liability for unauthorized debit card purchases Learn more here
- CheckArmor® Fraud Protection How it works
- Secure online and mobile banking
- Text Account balance alerts
- Privacy – we will not share or disclose SSN or other private information with third parties
All the safeguards listed above under Personal, PLUS:
- How to protect your business from corporate account takeover:
- Educate your employees:
- How to spot phishing scams and imposter email scams
- Best practices for keeping confidential or banking information secure, both within the office, and when emailing
- Question requests that just don’t see right, such as unusual wire or funds transfers requests or invoices
- Use strong passwords
- If possible, use a dedicated, secure workstation for banking or other confidential activity.
- Ensure your anti-virus protection is sufficient and up to date.
- Monitor you accounts daily. If you notice suspicious activity, contact us immediately. Failure to do so could result in you being liable for fraud losses.
- Contact us for more information on keeping your business safe and secure.
- Educate your employees:
- Read this informative blog article about payment fraud.
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure."
Tips for protecting yourself and your money.
IncredibleBank utilizes safeguards to protect you, your account, and your personal information. Practice these tips to stay safe:
- Never send your account number, password social security number, PIN, or other confidential information by unsecure email or share it with others.
- Use our convenient online or mobile banking to monitor your account frequently. Report any unauthorized or questionable charges to us as soon as possible.
- Public WiFi: Beware of public Wi-Fi or other unsecured connections when using online or mobile banking, paying bills, or performing other secure transactions.
Known Scams & Schemes
Know common schemes and scams used by fraudsters. If your answer is “yes” to any of the following questions, you may be dealing with a scammer:
- Payment by gift card: Is someone or some business requesting that you make payments by gift card?
- Grandparent: has someone called you claiming to be your grandchild who is in jail and needs money?
- Lottery: Have you received an unexpected letter in the mail stating you won a lottery? Are you being asked to cash a check and send back a portion of the funds to pay for taxes or attorney fees?
- Selling Online: Have you recently sold something online, and received an overpayment? Are you being asked to send a portion of that back?
- Computer repair: Have you recently received a pop-up window on your computer stating it is infected with a virus? Even if the ad states it is Microsoft, this is likely a scam.
More great resources about fraud prevention and safe online practices:
- Be safe online: Online Safety
- Protecting Kids Online: Protect Your Kids Online
- Learn more about common scams: Scam Alerts
- Monitor your credit for free: Free Credit Reports
- ID Theft: Learn more about how to prevent, report, or rebuild: ID Theft
- Opt-Out: Stop unwanted mail and prepaid offers from showing up in your mailbox: Opt Out
Resources for Businesses
Learn about Corporate Account Takeover and how to prevent it:
- Corporate Account Takeover Resources: Corporate Account Takeover
- Fraud Advisory for Businesses: Business Fraud Advisory
- Ensure that your business, as well as your customer’s personal information, is protected: Cyber Liability Insurance
- Protecting your Small Business from Fraud - VIDEO by Federal Trade Commission: Watch Video
- “Free Resources for Any Business” VIDEO by Federal Trade Commission: Watch Video
Resources for Seniors and Caregivers