Sure, fewer people are paying by check. But we know there are benefits to accepting them.
But while you may be happily accepting checks from your customers, you may be less happy about making daily trips to the bank to deposit them.
That’s where remote deposit capture, or RDC, comes in.
IncredibleBank offers RDC solutions to fit your business – whether you’re depositing five checks or 500.
Read on to learn the two different types of RDC products we offer.
Depositing Checks from your Mobile Device
What is Mobile Remote Deposit Capture (mRDC)?
With mRDC, your business can conveniently deposit checks anytime, anywhere using a camera-enabled smartphone or tablet.
What type of business benefits most from Mobile Remote Deposit Capture?
This solution is ideal for companies with lower check volumes and/or remote field personnel.
What are the benefits of Mobile Remote Deposit Capture?
- You can deposit multiple checks in a single transaction right from your smartphone or tablet.
- mRDC applies a virtual endorsement to each check during the imaging process, so you don’t need to physically sign each one.
- Your employees are able to deposit checks without having access to online banking, giving you added convenience without added risk.
- mRDC allows you to add payment data to deposits to better track the funds coming in.
Depositing Checks from your Office
What is Remote Deposit Capture?
RDC allows your business to deposit checks using a high-speed desktop scanner and an internet connection.
What type of business benefits most from Remote Deposit Capture?
This solution is ideal for companies with higher check volumes.
What are the benefits of Remote Deposit Capture?
- You can deposit up to 100 checks at a time right from your office.
- RDC applies a virtual endorsement to each check during the scanning process, so you don’t need to physically sign each one.
- Any necessary deposit repairs or adjustments are performed by IncredibleBank.
- Automated alerts notify depositors of all corrections made.
Your RDC Dashboard
Both solutions provide your company access to a robust Remote Deposit Dashboard where employees can verify and track deposits and view check images.
RDC Best Practices
- Mark all checks “VOID” after depositing.
- Securely retain your deposited checks for no more than 30 days.
- After 90 days, destroy all checks, check images, and reports generated from the Remote Deposit Dashboard via a cross-cut shredder or incineration.